Social Justice Book Club Online
Join HCDL Director Holly Ward Lamb on a journey of discovery and self-reflection through monthly book club discussions as we explore issues of social justice, including racism, whiteness, feminism, queer rights, and more.
This month we will discuss the book Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid.
Registration is required and space is limited.
Reserved copies of the month's selected book may be available for registered participants to borrow digitally from August 27-September 17, 2020 through Overdrive/Libbyand physically through the Library. If you wish to get the book (whether electronic or print) through the Library, please indicate so when you register and we will contact you to arrange that.
This event will be held online via Zoom to maintain the safety of participants and staff. Registered participants will receive the virtual meeting login information via email the day before the discussion with the Zoom meeting link, password, and call-in number. See below for technical requirements.
- You will need a device and Internet access to attend this virtual event.
- We'll be using the Zoom video conferencing platform to have our virtual discussion.
- For an optimal experience, please download the Zoom application (microphone and speakers required for audio, camera for video) on your device prior to this event.
- Feel free to practice ahead of time to make sure you can sign in to Zoom.
- We recommend using either a computer or tablet for the best user experience, though smartphones will work well, too.
- If you are unable to use Zoom, there will be a phone number provided so you can call in to join the book discussion.
- When registering, please indicate if you would like HCDL staff to help run a "technology check" with you before the discussion.
Future SJBC Sessions:
- Thursday, September 17, 2020
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.