"Murder at the Christmas Cookie Bake-Off" Book Launch and Author Conversation with Darci Hannah Online
"With the spirit of the holidays wafting through her Beacon Bakeshop, Lindsey Bakewell thinks she has the recipe for the sweetest Christmas ever—winning the town-wide cookie bake-off. Just as the competition heats up, everything falls apart when the judge is found dead—and covered in crumbs from Lindsey’s signature cookie!"
Celebrate the release of local author Darci Hannah's second Michigan-based "Beacon Bakeshop Mystery" novel, Murder at the Christmas Cookie Bake-Off, with a live virtual author talk and giveaways! Each attendee will be entered into a random prize drawing for a delicious mystery-themed prize basket. Signed copies of the book can be purchased online from local bookstore 2 Dandelions Bookshop in Brighton.
Registration is required and opens Tuesday, September 7, 2021, closing 24 hours before the program starts. The Zoom meeting link and password will be emailed to registered participants prior to the program. See below for technical requirements.
Registrants may also receive a small giveaway bag of fun treats (first come, first served; while supplies last), including a sample of Lindsey's Signature Cookie baked by the Chocolate Boutique & Bakery in downtown Howell. This giveaway bag must be picked up from Curbside Pickup at the back of the Library near Clinton Street, Monday, September 20 - Tuesday, September 28 during the Library's open hours (Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm & Friday-Saturday 10am-2pm); not available for pickup after 6pm Tuesday, September 28. Let Curbside staff know what you're picking up and the registered name(s). Giveaway bags cannot be mailed.
The event includes a live Q&A session after the conversation and as many audience questions will be addressed as time permits. If you have questions ahead of the program, please enter them into the registration form when you register or submit them on this short form in advance of the program and we will do our best to have your question(s) addressed live during the event. You will receive an additional entry into the prize drawing if you submit a question for the author before the event.
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- You will need a device and Internet access to attend this virtual event.
- We'll be using the Zoom video conferencing platform for this virtual presentation. Feel free to practice with Zoom ahead of time.
- For an optimal experience, please download the Zoom application (speakers required for audio) on your device prior to this event.
- We recommend using either a computer or tablet for the best user experience, though smartphones will work well, too.
- If you experience any login issues at the time of the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.