Say Their Names: Carrying on the Legacy of History-Making Women with Dr. Carolyn Jefferson-Jenkins Online
Women leaders of the 21st century stand tall because they stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before. We need to honor these history-making women during this Women’s History Month by remembering their names and carrying on their legacy.
Dr. Carolyn Jefferson-Jenkins served two terms as the fifteenth president of the League of Women Voters of the United States, the only woman of color to have served as national president in the organization’s first one hundred years. Her career in public school and higher education spanned more than forty years. At the time of retirement, Dr. Jefferson-Jenkins continues to be an advocate and activist for civil rights, social justice, educational excellence, and stronger citizen participation in the electoral process for underrepresented populations. She is the author of The Untold Story of Women of Color in the League of Women Voters.
The event includes a live Q&A session after the conversation and as many audience questions will be addressed as time permits. If you have questions ahead of the program, please enter them into the registration form when you sign up or submit them on this form in advance of the program and we will do our best to have your question(s) addressed live during the event.
Registration is required and begins Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 10am, closing one hour before the program starts. The Zoom meeting link and password will be emailed to registered participants prior to the program. See below for technical requirements.
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- You will need a device and Internet access to attend this virtual event.
- We'll be using the Zoom video conferencing platform for this virtual presentation. Feel free to practice with Zoom ahead of time.
- For an optimal experience, please download the Zoom application (speakers required for audio) on your device prior to this event.
- We recommend using either a computer or tablet for the best user experience, though smartphones will work well, too.
- If you experience any login issues at the time of the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.